7. oktober 2006

Little Miss Sunshine

*This review contains spoilers*

This film was a rollercoaste of emotion. I loved this film. I had expected that I would enjoy it, but not as much as I did. It could never have come out of a big Hollywood studio, they are incabable of bringing this much charm and hart to the screen.

All the actors did a great job, I was very pleasantly suprised by Steve Carell, as I've never been his biggest fan. Here he showed that he can do something other that slapstick comedy, and it was very refreshing.
Toni Collette is always great, I don't think I've ever seen her do a bad performance. The only one I'll say something negative about  is Greg Kinnear, I'm not saying he did a bad job, it's just that I was very aware of the fact that he was Greg Kinnear.


Both kids; Abigail Breslin and Paul Dano were great. In that scene where Dwayne discovers that he's colorblind and all his dreams just dissapear in a split second. That was just so painful, my heart broke for him.

Olive's dance at the end just killed me, especially when Richard and Frank joined her on stage and Dwayne and Sheryl followed. It was just brilliant. When Olive first started I thought 'WTF!?!', but it was just to damn funny.

Not a very coherent review, but there's too many thoughts in my brain about it at the moment.
This movie will definetly end up in my DVD collection

Long story short; you have to see this movie!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar