6. mai 2006

Slither

AKA, the movie where I had the whole theatre to myself.


I liked this movie, I felt like I was taken back to the 80s and 90s with regards to the storyline and some of the effects, but I have to say that is partly why I enjoyed it so much. It was funny and gross and scary and such a good time. It managed to be all those things at once and hit all the right notes.
Now, it's not one of the best films ever, I think it took a little too long to really get started, but the buildup was good and totally worth it. I also have to admit that it was really fun to see Nathan Fillion on the big screen again, and I'm sure his character Bill really would've loved some help from River (Serenity/Firefly) in ass kicking mode.
This film is fun, plain and simple. It gets in, delivers its scares and its laughs, and gets out quick. As what it was meant to be, it was absolutely brilliant. It does its own thing, and it does it perfectly, and the result is pure entertainment.
There were a few things that suprised me, but in a good way. There are 2-3 things that always seems to happen in movies like this, especially with the kind of introductions we are given to the characters, and how the storylines unfolds, but none of them happened here, and it pleased me to no end. To some extent in the middle of all the crazyness they kept a little element of realism, or at least thinking how those things would most likely develop. So a big plus to James Gunn on that one!
You all should definetly go check it out! It's innocent fun, and yes you will be scared, grossed out and have a good laugh while watching it.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar