29. april 2007

Supernatural - 218 - Hollywood Babylon


Lol, I knew the opening was from a set of a crappy horror movie the second I saw the swing. This ranks as one of my fave episode openings, just because they poked fun of the horror genre in such an awesome way, with the over-acting and the silly screams.
The concept drawing of the ghost looked like Ghost rider to me.

Oh, the boys on a Hollywood tour, that’s just to great!

Dean: You know this is where they filmed Creepshow?

Haha, oh Dean. That kid just looked so confused.

Tour Guide: To the right here is Stars Hollow, it is the setting for the television series Gilmore Girls.

Lol, the look on Jared’s face was just priceless, he looked so freaked out.

Sam: Does this look like swimming-pool weather to you Dean? It's practically Canadian!

It had to happen sooner or later. Love that they are able to poke fun at themselves.

Dean: Sam, check it out, it's Matt Damon.
Sam: Yeah, pretty sure that's not Matt Damon.
Dean: No, it is.
Sam: Well Matt Damon just picked up a broom and started sweeping.

Haha, I’m gonna have to suspect Sam was right on this one and that it wasn’t Matt Damon.
At first I thought this was a weird way to follow the last episode, but when Dean asked Sam if he didn’t want some time off after Madison I was pleased, as we got an explanation, and Sam’s not ready to talk about it yet either.

Brad: Who says horror has to be dark? It’s kind of depressing, don’t you think?

Dean: What's a PA?
Sam: It's kinda like a slave.

Dean as a PA was just awesome!

Tara: Boogeyman, yeah that script was terrible.

Credit to Eric Kripke for letting that line air. I have that movie lying around somewhere, think it’s about time I actually watch it.
Dean was so adorable when he was talking to Tara, awww, shy Dean.
Jay: We had a moment of silence for him this morning. He was a studio guy.

Sam: After seventy-five years, she suddenly goes homicidal. I mean, why now?
Dean: I don't know. Maybe she's mad they're making a scary flick.
Sam: Come on. Is it really that scary?

Dean: It's like 3 Men and a Baby all over again.

Dean: This map is totally worth the $5 bucks.
Dean: Hey, we gotta go check out Johnny Ramone's grave when we're done here.
Sam: You want to dig him up too?
Dean: Bite your tongue, heathen!

Aww, Dean and his music-love.
 
(Trailer for "Hell Hazers II: The Reckoning")
Announcer: They never forgive. They never forget. And this summer they're coming back again to settle the score... AGAIN!

How awesome was it that they used clips from ‘Scarecrow’ ‘Children Shouldn’t Play with Dead things’, ‘The Usual Suspects’ and ‘Route 666’ in the trailer. Lol!

Sam: You know, maybe the spirits are trying to shut down the movie because they think it sucks. 'Cause, I mean, it kind of does.

Somehow this line amused me a lot, as both boys have ventured into the horror-movie genre, and… well… not the best movies ever.

(Sam and Dean stop the fan)
Mark: You are one hell of a P.A.!
Dean:(smugly) I know!

Hell yeah!

Walter: You two can leave, but Mark's gotta stay.
Sam: Sorry, we can't do that.
Dean: It's not cause we like him or anything, it's just principle.

Dean: Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs...

Die Hard!! This line was so out of the blue, but I loved it.

Mark: So there is an afterlife?
Dean: Yeah. And mostly it's a pain in the ass.

Sam: I wouldn't have done that if I were you.
Walter: Oh yeah?
Sam: Yeah.
Walter: And why not?
Sam: Cause you just freed them. We can't stop them now. Walter, you brought them back. Forced them to murder. They're not going to be very happy with you.


<-><-><->

I adored this episode, the humour, the shout-outs, Dean stuffing his face, Dean as a PA, Sam just being confused, Dean being a total film geek, being able to pick out the extras was just awesome.

I also loved it because even though my movie-making experience is limited I recognized a lot of the situations of the behind-the-scenes life, very funny. I actually caught a lot of the references. The cabin on set and the whole movie set-up with the teens reading the old Latin reminded me a lot of Evil Dead. The trailer for it was great, totally made of awesome.

Ben Edlund has done it again. I love his writing! Adding Ben Edlund to the staff was a really good decision. Great episode. He seems to be able to find what works for the actors and plays with it; the episodes he’s written this season are among my favourites.

In short an awesome episode!

<-><-><->

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar