7. april 2007

300

300


I have to be honest, I'd expected to be bored out of my mind during this film. But everybody was talking about it, praising it, so I was curious. The trailer looked cool, but never impressed me much, so when I sat down in the cinema I just thought I was in for two hours of gore, mindless battles and men showing off their bodies.

It took a little while before I got into it. I was however at once liking the visual style of the film. It is a tricky thing to do, without claiming to much of the attention, but the color use worked well with the scenes, and I never found it distracting.

I was eventually fully drawn in to the story. Despite my usual lack of enjoyment for big battle scenes I enjoyed every one in this film. The fact that the battles were split up instead of going on for 45 straight minutes was the main reason for that. Also the way the battles were portrayed, slowed down for some parts, brutal in others, and some with narration. All filmmakers wanting to make a movie featuring an epic-battle should watch this first and take notes, this is the way to do it!

The political side of the story kind of slowed things down, but I didn't mind as Queen Gorgo was such a strong character, and there was one scene where she had me cheering.

All in all I was impressed by this film. Considering my expectations I was amazed. I'd recommend it to anybody, because it was awesome.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar