24. juni 2007

Drive

I have only watched the first two episodes, and I really liked it. When I learned it had been cancelled after only four episodes I was extremely disappointed, and even more pissed at FOX than I’ve been before. Damn bastards wouldn’t know a good show if it bit 'em in the persqueeter!

A review I agree with:

Drive had the potential to be a top rated television show. It was not given the time to develop an audience. The writing was superb and the cast performances were simply outstanding. If given more than three weeks to garner fan support, Drive could have proved itself to be the next 24 or House. Television executives are too quick to cancel a show after only a few episodes. Television programs need time to develop a fan base which is often generated by word of mouth buzz.
I can only hope that Drive will find a new home on a network that is willing to give the show the opportunity to prove what it is made of. As a fan I found it frustrating to invest in a show only to have the plug pulled prematurely.

I still haven’t seen episodes 3 and 4 that are on my hard-drive, because I can’t bring myself to invest more time in it knowing there won’t be anymore.

Sure the show was over the top, and I already want some of the characters to crash their cars and die, but the characters I like did so much for the show, and Nathan Fillion’s character kicked ass, I really wanted to see more of this.

I guess I can only hope that some other Network picks it up and gives it a chance.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar